MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Seasonal BallPark Operations Intern (Runner) with Cincinnati Reds in Cincinnati, OH
Cincinnati Reds jobs
Sports Jobs in Cincinnati, OH
BallPark Operations Intern (Runner) Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati, OH)
Total Compensation: $ 9.15 per hour
Category: Ballpark Operations
Department: Ballpark Operations
Job Title: Intern
Reports To: Sr. Director of Ball Park Operations
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for multiple pre-game, in-game, and post-game duties at Great American Ball Park.
• Providing setup and placement of tables, chairs, stanchions, turnstiles, trash cans, and other items throughout the ballpark.
• Assist with “on call” such as wheelchair runs, on-site deliveries, and other customer service related needs.
• Assist with interactive games in the Fan Zone.
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Ability to work long and irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to work the entire event including pre and post-game activities.
• Ability to walk, stand, climb stairs and ramps for the entire event ( 5-7 hours)
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, speak and comprehend English.
• Ability to hear, comprehend and disseminate instructions and vital information especially in the event of emergencies.
• Ability to clearly, effectively, and professionally interact with staff, supervisors, contractors and the public. Will collaborate effectively with others to produce results.
• Must be able to lift, carry and transport large boxes and items in excess of 25 pounds
• Ability to handle large crowds while remaining friendly and professional. Will maintain a positive attitude under pressure.
• Must be reliable, helpful, a good listener, able to follow directions and maintain a professional attitude.
• Prior experience in labor positions is preferred but is not required.
A requirement of the position is that you must be able to work at least three (3) weekend days each month during the 2019 season. Candidates are also required to be avaliable for ballpark set up in March and ballpark winterization during the postseason.
• This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided
• Runners are paid $9.15 per hour
• This position is outdoors and subject to weather conditions and requires standing on concrete for long periods of time as well as an extensive amount of walking and climbing steps
• Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
• Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
• Performs duties as workload necessitates
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Meet Department productivity standards
Important things to know BEFORE you apply:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation. Accordingly, you may be required to complete the Cincinnati Reds application forms and other such documentation as may be necessary to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Pursuant to Major League Baseball, and in accordance with applicable law, you may be required to submit to a drug screen prior to and during your employment.
To be considered for employment for the above position applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
• Must be at least 16 years of age.
• Must have a High school Diploma or GED.
• Must be available to work a minimum of 48 home games during the 2019 season which includes days, nights, weekends and holidays. A 2019 schedule can be found at www.reds.com
Disclaimer: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal opportunity for employment and/or promotion is open to any person who possesses the requisite qualifications for an open position. The Company policy is that there should be no discrimination on the basis of age, gender, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status, with regard to employment, job assignment, and promotion or other terms or conditions of employment.