Under the direction of supervisor, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
· Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
· Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
· Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
· Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
· Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
· Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
· Packages all products to proper specifications
· Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
· Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
· Performs other duties assigned
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures
Education & Experience:
- High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in culinary program a plus
- Minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
- Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath’s Universal Service Standards
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
· Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
· Standing and walking for entire length of shift
· Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
· Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment – noise levels may be moderate to high
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.