MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Sports Jobs in Oakland, CA
Event Management: Event Promotions
Department: Special Events
Reports to: Ballpark Entertainment and Mascot Coordinator
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a member for our part-time, seasonal Promotions Crew, called “The Herd”. The Oakland A’s Promotions Crew is a fan-interactive and energetic team that will work the majority of 2019 Oakland A’s home games at the Coliseum. Herd members are responsible for the implementation of fan interaction, sponsorship activation, in-game entertainment, and brand marketing. Herd members must always display a high energy, enthusiastic, professional, and friendly attitude to A’s fans at games and outside appearances. Crew members must be available throughout the entire baseball season.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with fans throughout the game to promote the A’s brand, our corporate partners, and enhance fan experience at the Oakland Coliseum and in the community.
- Represent the organization in a positive, enthusiastic, and professional manner.
- Game operation responsibilities include, but are not limited to: motivate and energize A’s fans, execute in-game promotions, interact with A’s in-game host for promotions, assist team mascot etc.
- Maintain all game day and event equipment; keeping it organized, in good condition, and properly stored after each game and event.
- Perform as Hall of Fame Racing mascots, if needed.
- Act as support staff for the Special Events, Ticket Sales, and Corporate Sales departments.
- Other duties as assigned by the Oakland A’s.
- Prior experience in promotions, marketing, sales and customer service preferred.
- Must be comfortable performing and interacting with fans on camera in front of large crowds.
- Must be reliable, punctual, courteous, and have good listening and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have high energy, be enthusiastic, and excited to promote the A’s brand.
- Must have strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment.
- Must have the physical ability to perform athletic activities, including running, dancing and performing in costume for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 50lbs.
- Must be available to work a minimum of 80% of A’s 2019 home games as well as some outside appearances as needed, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must have reliable transportation and live in or close to the Oakland area.
- Knowledge of baseball is preferred.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older.
Due to the overwhelming number of submissions, we are not able to respond to each applicant. We keep resumes on file for 6 months and will contact you should we wish to schedule an interview.
The Oakland A’s are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How did you hear about this job?
Yes/No: I have permanent housing in or near the Oakland, CA area.
Yes/No: I am able to work a flexible schedule, including week days, nights, weekends and holidays
Please explain why you would be a great member of the Oakland A’s Promotions Crew.