MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Mascot Assistant - Part-Time with Oakland Athletics in Oakland, CA
Oakland Athletics jobs
Sports Jobs in Oakland, CA
Event Management: Event Promotions
Department: Special Events
Reports to: Ballpark Entertainment and Mascot Coordinator
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics are currently seeking a part-time Mascot Assistant. This position reports directly to the Ballpark Entertainment and Mascot Coordinator and is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Be Stomper’s ears, eyes and mouth at games as well as a variety of events when Stomper cannot communicate for himself.
• Assist Stomper at designated home games in creation and execution of skits, dance routines, and other forms of mascot-related entertainment and crowd interaction.
• Assist Stomper at off-site community appearances such as private parties, parades, festivals, grand openings, school visits, hospital visits, and other events coordinated by the Oakland Athletics on specified days during the week and on weekends throughout the year.
• Assist in maintaining condition of costumes and props
• Represent the Oakland Athletics and Stomper brand appropriately at games and outside events.
• Must have a free and open schedule during the regular MLB season as well as the possibility of the MLB Postseason
• Must have ability to be trained, coached and critiqued to perform as Stomper’s assistant
• Be creative and understand non-verbal acting and communication
• Excellent skills in interacting with strangers quickly and efficiently
• Possess basic knowledge of the game of baseball
• Be in physical state that allows you to perform under extreme conditions
• Prior experience in promotions, marketing, sales and customer service preferred
• Punctuality is mandatory as well as availability to work nights, weekends and holidays
• Must be available to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and/or holidays
• Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Due to the overwhelming number of submissions, we may not be able to respond to each applicant. We keep resumes on file for 6 months and will contact you should we wish to schedule an interview with you. No phone calls please.
The Oakland A’s are an Equal Opportunity Employer