MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
50/50 Raffle Team Member
Communications/Community Relations: Community Relations
50/50 Raffle Team Member
Department: Community Relations
Reports to: Community Engagement Coordinator
Job Classification: Non-Exempt
City/State: Oakland, CA
The Oakland Athletics Community Fund, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is looking for dependable, enthusiastic, highly-motivated, and hard-working individuals to sell 50/50 Raffle tickets during 40+ predetermined Athletics home games during the 2018 season.
Raffle tickets will be sold from the time gates open (2 hours before first pitch) until the end of the 6th inning. 50/50 Raffle Team Members must be available 30 minutes before gates open and until after the Raffle closes. Proceeds from the raffle will benefit the A’s Community Fund’s charitable programs.
• Effectively communicate and educate fans about the 50/50 Raffle and A’s Community Fund
• Encourage fans to purchase raffle tickets
• Facilitate raffle ticket sales via electronic handheld device
• Patrol assigned area during the games to promote raffle sales
• Reconcile tickets sold and cash received after each raffle
• Answer questions regarding the 50/50 Raffle and the Athletics Community Fund
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Excellent cash handling and customer service skills
• Comfortable approaching people and selling in front of crowds
• Understand the timing, etiquette and pace of baseball
• Comfortable using technology
• Detail oriented with the ability to work efficiently in a high-stress environment
• Must be able to walk long distances, and climb up/down stadium seating and stand for long periods of time
• Must be 18 years of age or older by first day of employment
• Available to work part time March through September, with the possibility of post season games
• Must be available for a minimum of 75% of the games selected
• Ability to work flexible hour including nights, weekends, holidays, game day duties, and off-site events on non-game days
The Oakland A’s are an Equal Opportunity Employer.