MLB (Major League Baseball) Teams Jobs!
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with MLB teams. If you are interested in working for MLB teams, please apply for a job. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply for the job online. Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered. Also, please note that you have one chance to fill in your cover letter information once you press "apply for this job."
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities currently available are available within the following categories:
Marketing: Database Marketing/Analytics
Title: Analyst, Business Development & Analytics
Department: Business Development & Analytics
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Director, Business Development & Analytics
Posting Date: July 19, 2017
The Los Angeles Dodgers are seeking an Analyst, Business Development & Analytics. The Analyst will be a key member of the Demand Analytics Initiative in building an analytical platform that generates value both within the Dodgers organization and with external partners.
- Research, develop, and test mathematical models for sales forecasting, pricing, marketing mix modeling, and other demand planning and management applications
- Assist in building robust and extensible products that can successfully improve demand decision-making across event- and ticket-driven organizations
- Design interactive business intelligence tools that incorporate “what-if?” modeling capabilities
- Maintain and improve upon production code with version control, collaboration, and general software development best practices
- Communicate model development and product management across diverse stakeholders
- Research and evaluate leading operations research, economics, marketing, statistical, and machine learning theory, techniques, and practices
- Provide input on product development, data collection, data architecture, front-end development, and general business strategy
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science (Machine Learning), or a closely related field.
- Minimum two years’ work experience in revenue (yield) management, marketing analytics, statistical, machine learning, consulting, or related field
- Familiarity and good judgment with a broad range of methodologies and tools, such as exploratory data analysis, regression models, forecasting models, simulation, probability models, discrete choice, clustering, optimization, and cross-validation
- Experience in mathematical and statistical programming (e.g. R and Python)
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases
- Possess excellent reasoning, problem-solving, creative thinking, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to meaningfully generate value in an entrepreneurial environment
How did you hear about this job?