This position is open to remote
Driveline Baseball is the premier data-driven baseball player development organization in the world. We train players through state-of-the-art motion capture assessments, physical therapy evaluations, and specialized assessment-retest based pitching, hitting and high performance coaching. We also provide software, hardware and physical good solutions for both in-person and remote training as well as deploy a variety of certifications and educational materials distilling proprietary internal research to the general industry. Our dynamic and growing start-up consists of 50-100 employees.
We are seeking a mid-senior Baseball Operations technical lead/manager. This person will be able to come in and contribute both individually at the ground level, in the trenches with several dozen models, thousands of lines of code and multiple expansive pipelines, and at the managerial level, helping organize several interns and seasonal employees that help power one of the premier baseball operations departments in the world. It is a huge opportunity at an established company and a position that will allow you to plug into providing direct deliverables to 50+ MLB clients.
- Hiring, developing and managing current and future baseball operations analysts, data scientists, and R&D engineers.
- Iterating on our current Advanced Scouting Offerings for the 2023 MLB season, working closely with our skill floor directors
- Improving existing data pipelines from various third-party API/data streams
- Answering discrete internal R&D-based questions and requests from coaches and players
- Building professional-grade tools, models, and insights to plug into Driveline’s SaaS products
- Creating content that communicates internal findings to the larger baseball community
- Managing our internal paired tech pipeline
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Statistics/Data Science or relevant analytics field with 2-5+ years of Data Science experience
- 1+ year experience as either a technical lead or a manager; previous experience in a start-up environment is a plus.
- Quantitative skill and experience in major programming languages, like R and/or Python (specific experience with data analysis, data visualization, and ETL). Need to be expert in at least one
- Experience with building, maintaining and exploring databases (MySQL and/or NoSQL Experience preferred), as well as optimizing database queries and database design
- Experience with constructing and deploying machine learning models in production level code
- Experience with software patches, source control, branch versioning, etc on platforms like Github, JIRA or similar
- Experience working with Statcast Data and understanding the nuances of publicly available pitch-level datasets
- Ability to translate highly technical topics into digestible information for coaches and athletes
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to ask novel questions and map out product vision, as well as a thirst to push the game forward!
What We Offer:
- A competitive salary ranging from $65,000 to $80,000, depending on experience.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k) plan, paid time off, and bonus.
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment at the tip of the spear in professional sports, where you can make a significant impact on the growth and success of the organization.
- Supportive and collaborative company culture that values your input and ideas.
Location: Kent, WA (Remote considered, in-person strongly preferred)
Salary Range: $65,000 - $80,000 + Benefits (DOE)
Reports to: Director of Data Science
Driveline Baseball is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. For employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities, Driveline Baseball provides reasonable accommodation.