Social Media Content Designer - Detroit Tigers (Detroit · MI)
Detroit Tigers jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Marketing: Social Media
Develops, coordinates and designs digital and social assets for the Detroit Tigers. Works in collaboration with marketing and creative department to establish strategy and look and feel of digital presence while performing the following duties and responsibilities
- Develops consistent brand look and feel for social channels (@Tigers + @TIgersCommunity channels), in collaboration with marketing and creative
- Designs all game day graphics for static, motion and video content
- Designs sponsor and ticketing related social content graphics
- Designs last minute graphics to support milestones and/or team related contextual moment
- Edit and condense projects/long-form content to convey information in visually appealing manner based on social strategy
- Resize, revise and revamp existing designs, make copy changes, proofread and ensure files are ready to be published to various social platforms
- Other tasks, projects and responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 2-4 years editing experience on both short-form and long-form projects for brand or agency.
- Must have an ever-evolving understanding of the latest editing techniques and visual trends, as well as the agility to incorporate them into existing formats and brand guidelines.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and have solid technical knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Proficiency in motion graphics and is preferred. Experience with animation and video editing preferred.
- Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- College degree preferred, High School diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is necessary.
- Must maintain discretion and confidential information.
- Must have working knowledge of basic administrative office computer programs, on Mac and Windows PC workstations.
- Understanding of various social media platforms – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube – and what content succeeds on those platforms.
- Ability to work under pressure on and turn around materials quickly.
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry.
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Exposure to high noise level.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention
- Required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The colleague frequently is required to sit. The colleague is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The colleague must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.