Security Manager - Detroit Tigers
Detroit Tigers jobs
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
Manage all of the permanent and event-based security personnel, including Crowd Managers, Crowd Manager Supervisors and Security Supervisors, while maintaining established security policies and procedures that protect Comerica Park assets, colleagues and guests.
1. Manage the Crowd Managers, Crowd Manager Supervisors and Security Supervisors at Comerica Park.
2. Responsible for assisting, when necessary, all aspects of security operations at LCA, Fox Theatre, City Theatre, DTE, Meadow Brook, Freedom Hill and all other District Detroit venues.
3. Plans and coordinates security needs for game-day and special events.
4. Oversees and conducts training and briefings for full time and event security staff.
5. Prepare and manage event security budgets to ensure costs are within budget. Provide recommendations for security plan changes to increase efficiencies and maximize resources.
6. Physical protection responsibilities will include Company and guest asset protection during an event, access control systems, video surveillance, and more.
7. Performs assessments and inspections to identify shortcomings in safety and security, and potential risks to Comerica Park. This includes identifying measures to minimize loss and protect venue assets.
8. Develop and recommend for approval policies, procedures and programs designed to enhance the safety and security for all venues.
9. Conducts site assessments and inspections in advance of player, or other team dignitary appearances, at public events.
10. Manage and schedule appropriate security personnel and resources at public events to ensure the safety and security of players and front-office personnel.
11. Serves as a liaison with Federal, state, and local law enforcement and public safety partners.
12. Plans for and conducts security related training for front office and other full-time personnel, as well as seasonal event staff.
13. Conducts critical incident and other investigations as assigned.
14. Maintains evacuation and other emergency plans.
15. Maintains business continuity crisis response plans.
16. Schedules seasonal event security staff.
17. Interviews, hires, and trains new security staff.
18. Provide timely and regular reports and information to the Director, Security.
19. Responds to incidents and emergency situations.
20. Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the certification process of the Department of Homeland Security SAFETY Act.
21. Assists with the implementation of the quality control/red cell testing.
22. Assists with the TSA security screening program.
· Manages Security Supervisors, Part-Time Crowd Manager Supervisors and crowd managers.
· Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of event security plans.
· Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training colleagues; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining colleagues; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Minimum education – high school diploma. Combination of education and experience preferred.
2. Six to ten years of previous experience in law enforcement or a corporate security setting.
3. Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective security operations for the protection of colleagues and guests.
4. Strong computer abilities and experience in Microsoft Office software.
5. Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively in English, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
6. The ability to read, understand and comprehend written or verbal instructions.
7. Exhibit and maintain a professional demeanor when interacting with others, especially during stressful situations.
8. Exercise good judgment and emotional control while remaining objective when interacting with colleagues and guests.
9. Exercise integrity in all aspects of job duties and performance.
10. Strong problem-solving, mediation, and coaching skills.
1. Must be willing to submit to and pass a criminal background check.
2. Work is predominantly performed in an office environment with some work performed outdoors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.