Security Manager - Detroit Tigers (Detroit · MI)
Detroit Tigers jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Security
The security manager is responsible for overseeing the highest level of guest service within a safe and secure environment for our clients, guests and colleagues during all events at Comerica Park, Little Caesars Arena, the Fox Theatre and the amphitheaters. This position is also responsible for the management and day-to-day security operations at Comerica Park.
- Spearhead and maintain security protocols and procedures for all events and day-to-day operations at Comerica Park. Will provide security management support to Little Caesars Arena, the Fox Theatre and the amphitheaters as necessary.
- Act as a liaison with local law enforcement, client representatives, talent/sports team security and outside agencies.
- Manage crowd manager, crowd manager supervisors, security supervisors and security representatives on both a daily and event basis.
- Interviews, hires and trains new security staff.
- Partner with the Guest Experience to ensure there is collaboration between Security and Guest Experience to ensure exceptional customer experiences.
- Prepare and manage full time and event security budgets to ensure costs are within budget. Provide recommendations for security plan changes to increase efficiencies and maximize resources.
- Physical protection responsibilities will include company and guest asset protection during an event, access control systems, video surveillance, and more (as well as documenting policies and procedures around the same). Assist in the review and implementation of crisis and emergency management practices including training and frequent revisions and updates.
- Coordinate trainings and briefings for full time and event security staff.
- Highly responsive to emergencies in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Ensures compliance with MLB security mandates and protocols.
- Develop and recommend for approval policies, procedures and programs designed to enhance the safety and security for all venues.
- Lead and direct investigations of accidents, thefts, property loss and unlawful activities.
- Troubleshoot and document any event day incidents and/or problems including those affecting clients, guests and colleagues or operating issues.
- Conducts planning, staffing and operational meetings as required ensuring smooth coordination of activities.
- Provide timely and regular reports and information to the Director of Security.
- Implements and enforces all company policies and procedures
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired organizational behaviors.
- Ensure building compliance with OSHA and other laws.
Supplemental Job Functions:
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field of criminal justice, event security and venue security.
- Work on special projects and other duties assigned by supervisor and upper-level management
- Conduct other investigations as directed
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in criminal justice, business administration or related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 7 years of progressively responsible and relevant experience supporting needs of a diverse organization
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards
- Demonstrate professionalism, outstanding judgment, and superior customer service in a positive demeanor in the performance of all duties.
- Effective communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Detail oriented – ability to keep accurate and detailed records
- Ability to perform a wide variety of supervisory responsibilities with time-sensitive deadlines
- Establish priorities and organize work; plan and direct the work of subordinate staff
- Outstanding interpersonal skills are required in order to manage a large and diverse staff
- Demonstrated staff development skills in order to properly train and develop staff to meet objectives
- Ability to analyze procedures to ensure effectiveness
- Solutions oriented problem solving mentality and ability
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Experience working in the sports and entertainment industry within a sizeable entertainment venue.
- Knowledge of advanced security technologies as well as medical equipment
- Certifications in F.A., CPR, AED, APCI-2, Anti-Terrorism and Homeland Security Defense Course, CERT Infrastructure, CCW, IAAM Crowd Management
- Irregular and extended hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Exposure to moderate - high noise level
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Frequent visual/auditory attention
- Exposed to all types of weather conditions (heat, rain, snow)
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.