Grounds Crew - Detroit Tigers
Detroit Tigers jobs
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
The Detroit Tigers are looking for candidates to join their Grounds crew. This position will be responsible for the fine procurement and upkeep of a major league field. This position will be a full-time seasonal position.
Assist with the maintenance and detailed upkeep of a major league field and related areas including but not limited to:
- Assist with Infield skin maintenance as well as mound, plate, and bullpen care
- Assist with warning track maintenance
- Watering of turf, clay, and warning track
- Mowing of bull pens, infield and outfield
- Assist with fertilization and pest control
- Painting foul lines and coaches boxes, field stencils as well as chalking lines as needed
- Trouble shoot irrigation, and repair
- Assist with topdressing as needed
- Tarping of mound, plate, bullpens, and infield
- Assist with batting practice set up and tear down
- Pre-game field preparation and Post game field repair
- Cleaning of equipment
- Cleaning of field and related areas (dugouts, bull pens, shop, break room, etc.)
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working on sports turf and/or baseball fields required.
- Ability to do heavy lifting (up to 70 lbs.).
- Must have the ability to maneuver quickly and easily under changeable situations.
- Ability to quickly pull tarps and other related equipment on and off field.
- Ability to safely operate lightweight vehicles.
- Outdoor environment
- Must be willing to work in all weather conditions
- Available to work Home games and special events including concerts, fantasy camps, college tournaments, etc.
- Evening, weekend, and holiday hours required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.