Baseball Information Assistant – Dominican Republic - Detroit Tigers (Detroit · MI)
Detroit Tigers jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
This position is designed to assist with day-to-day department activities, projects, presentations and overall organization.
- Utilization of BATS software to chart, upload and download game information for Dominican Summer League Tigers.
- Daily collection of on-field data using all available baseball technologies.
- Preparation of advance scouting documentation prior to each series.
- Recording of any on-field activity as requested by Tigers staff.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The ideal candidate must be at least a college senior, recent graduate (within 6 months).
- The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ideal candidate must have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- The ideal candidate must have excellent knowledge of general baseball concepts
- The ideal candidate must be available full-time
- The ideal candidate must be willing to work longs hours, including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- The ideal candidate must be have excellent technological skills
- Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred
- Office and on-field environments in the Dominican Republic
- Some evening, weekend, and holiday hours will be required
- The assistant will live on-site at the Academy dorm for the duration of the assistantship
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.