Accounting Analyst I - Detroit Tigers (Detroit · MI)
Detroit Tigers jobs
Sports Jobs in Detroit · MI
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
The Accounting Analyst I is responsible for preparing journal entries and reconciliations for multiple departments for the Detroit Tigers. The Accounting Analyst I also assists with other responsibilities of the finance department including fixed asset accounting and gate reporting to the league.
- Assist with the monthly close process by preparing and recording entries and completing reconciliations related to a variety of areas including concessions, team travel, and shared services allocations within deadlines set on the monthly close calendar.
- Review / investigate current month-end balances and compare to budget / forecast for individual departments.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system and ensure that the assignment of useful lives for each asset is appropriate.
- Create fixed asset schedules and maintain fixed asset addition records to support annual audit inquiries.
- Distribute monthly department reporting.
- Support concessions billing by obtaining appropriate approvals, ensuring proper coding and submitting the bills for processing.
- Complete gate receipt reporting to the league in a timely manner after each homestand.
- Manage the company cell phone account.
- Complete all government and census surveys.
- Assist with the annual financial audit, including responding to auditor requests and preparing supporting documentation.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Relevant work experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles to ensure that financial results are in conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, Word) skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have ability to keep accurate and detailed accounting records.
- Must be willing to learn, have a strong desire to succeed, and the ability to identify innovative solutions to problems.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to work across all departments and vertically at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and possess strong ability to prioritize.
- Possess the highest integrity and ethical standards and the ability to command and inspire trust with all constituents.
- Office environment
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions and the essential requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all supplemental duties, responsibilities or nonessential requirements. Detroit Tigers, Inc. has the right to change, modify, suspend, interrupt or cancel in whole or in part any job functions outlined in a job description at any time and without advance notice to the employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.