AV Engineer – Engineering Department - Colorado Rockies (Denver · CO)
Colorado Rockies jobs
Sports Jobs in Denver · CO
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Engineering
Responsible for installation, preventive maintenance and repair of all the audio/video equipment throughout the Facility. Responsible for ensuring reliable operations and support for digital signage, digital audio networks, and control systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate and maintain all Audio, Video, and Broadcasting equipment at the Stadium
- Maintain the overall sitewide AV systems including but not limited to:
- Daktronics Display
- Conference rooms
- Sound systems
- Control interfaces
Broadcast systems, video switchers, camera operations, routing, multi-viewer, etc.
- Intercom communications
- Broadcast JBT’s and TV Truck Dock
- Work with and support AV Manager to service integrated or stand-alone AV solutions
- Responsible for Game day setup and alignment of the Daktronics Displays, and Audio Systems
- Ability to convert and route any signal to any combination of display devices
- Maintain equipment through a Preventative Maintenance program
- Interact with clients on event set-up and operation
- Utilize blueprints, equipment diagrams and manufacturer’s installation manuals to complete assigned projects
- Able to survey and troubleshoot A/V systems
- Execute assigned work by means of verbal or written orders in accordance with industry standard practices
- Oversee contracted audio-visual work occurring at the stadium and related capital repair projects and subcontractors
- Assist in setup or operations of Special Events during the year
- Additional duties may include but are not limited to commissioning and maintenance of AV equipment to support AV operations throughout the site, building operations, tenant services, and systems operations
- Assists in other work areas in the department or ballpark as needed or directed by the Assistant Director of Engineering
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Work is subject to inspection while in progress and upon completion
- Ability to work on tasks independently and part of a team
- Knowledge of Audio, Visual and Broadcast systems
- Knowledge in coaxial cable distribution
- Knowledge of AV testing and measurement equipment
- Knowledge of AV routing and signal conversion
- Working knowledge of OSHA safety standards
- Ability to work in high stress situation during game days for “game day production”
- Ability to trouble shoot and maintain audio, video and broadcast systems
- Capability to exercise independent judgment in times of immediate need or emergency situations
- 3 years experience maintaining electronic equipment
- Experience working in a control room or TV Truck
- Soldering/Terminating various audio/video/network cables
- Daktronics experience (Preferred)
- Audio Architect Sound System experience (Preferred)
- Evertz Routing (Preferred)
- Dante audio routing (Preferred)
- Sony cameras and PTZ robo cameras (Preferred)
- Computer Skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, pdf software (Preferred)
- Operating equipment used in the building trades – forklift, lifts, carts, etc.
- Valid Drivers license
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance
- Professional image and demeanor
- Strong ability to work well with co-workers and supervisors in a team environment
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 yrs. Audio Visual Background
WORKING CONDITIONS/WORK SCHEDULE:
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds routinely
- Be able to push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional manpower or appropriate devices), carry and climb ladders, work from heights, work in small crawl spaces, balance, stoop, kneel
- Regular exposure to all weather conditions, both in extreme cold and heat
- Must be able to work Mon. thru Fri. 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, flexible hours and game days which include nights and weekends.
- Hours may vary due to project requirements such as game day duties, special event schedules, etc.
- May require to be on call for off hour emergency calls or to provide support for service issues or failures at any time
- Advance notice will be given for schedule changes whenever possible
$50,000 to $56,000 per year. This is a regular status, full-time position eligible for all company benefits.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and letter of interest no later than September 22.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.