Delaware North Sportservice
A special place to work. AN EXTRAORDINARY PLACE TO GROW
Cleveland Sportservice at Progressive Field
Cleveland Sportservice is the proud partner and exclusive food and beverage provider at Progressive Field, one of the most beautiful and unique sports venues in the United States. Progressive Field is the home of Major League Baseball’s Cleveland Indians, one of the original eight charter franchises in the American League, the Indians have won 8 Central Division titles, the most of any team in the division.
Located in the Gateway District of downtown Cleveland on the corner of Ontario and Carnegie, Progressive Field raises the bar of excellence for sports and entertainment facilities. Home to the new Corner Bar and Right Field Neighborhoods, Progressive Field offers a unique way to dine at the ballpark.
Performs all clerical duties and administrative support for the unit/department, in accordance with the Company’s Guest Service Standards.
- Develops, maintains and updates filing system for the unit/department
- Assists in pre-season set-up of suite level including receiving, delivering and organizing of product and equipment
- Files correspondence, invoices, reports and departmental records in appropriate files
- Works closely with HR and payroll department processing weekly department payroll
- Makes copies and assists with the printing of signs and menus
- Enters data for sales reports, departmental financial reports, etc.
- Facilitates scheduling of all hourly associates
- Assist with/facilitates daily staffing assignment for events
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Assists the Suite Coordinator with inputting and checking suite catering orders
- Double-checks all orders for accuracy
- Assists the Suite Manager and Suite Coordinator with inputting and processing beverage restocks
- Prepares and executes daily suites reports including those for all food and beverage orders
- Tracks daily sales of items in Menu Mix
- Assists Suite Manager with staff check-in
- Assists in training of suites employees
- Assists Suite Manager with closing event duties and reporting as assigned
- Assists with ordering and purchasing as necessary
- Utilizes desktop publications, graphics and computer software to create and print a variety of materials
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year experience in administrative or office position, including experience with office administrative procedures, use and operation of standard office equipment.
- Previous experience with variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent guest service skills; ability to adhere to Company’s Guest Service Standards
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both verbal and written communication.
- Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions and percentages
- Regularly required to sit in front of a computer
- Manual dexterity sufficient for cash handling and typing duties
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish required reports and computer system
- Occasional bending, reaching, climbing on step stool, lifting
- Occasional lifting and carrying, up to 40 lbs
- Occasional pulling/pushing of carts
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Frequent exposure to, and utilization of, computer
- All candidates are subject to pre-employment background screening at the employer's expense
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.