2022 Spring Training Internship - Ballpark Operations - Goodyear Ballpark (Goodyear · AZ)
We’re looking for outgoing, innovative individuals who possess a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and desire to learn. You’ll work hard, but you’ll grow both personally and professionally, and have a lot of fun in the process!
- Participating in the interviewing, hiring, training, managing and rewarding of game day staff and volunteers
- Participating in conceptual meetings regarding game day logistics, ticketing, marketing and sponsorship
- Assisting with development and execution of game day promotions and sponsorship activations
- Assisting with preparation and execution of ballpark events
- Developing and participating in Promotions Team activities to generate awareness of spring training (i.e. distributing pocket schedules, facilitating mascot appearances at schools and area events, staffing promotional booths)
- Gathering fan data through in-park surveys
The Ballpark Operations intern will assist with a variety of tasks related to event coordination and game day operations. In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, this intern will:
- Assist in providing ballpark event staff and volunteers with information and other materials (radios, credentials, etc.) required to complete their assignments
- Conduct facility walkthroughs to ensure event readiness
- Assist in setting up and tearing down various components of events
- Provide support in the selection and procurement of various goods and services related to events at Goodyear Ballpark
- Pursuing a degree in Sports Management, Facility Management, Event Planning or related field (you MUST be able to receive academic credit for this internship)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, sharp attention to detail and proven ability to meet deadlines
- An idea person, who is adaptable and able to work well with a team to identify solutions and create new opportunities
- A genuine desire to exceed the expectations of coworkers and guests each day
- Extremely coachable, ambitious and eager to learn every day; must have a sense of humor
- Ability to embody Goodyear’s values of integrity, empathy, optimism, adaptability, initiative and innovation
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and remain focused on stated objectives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Basic understanding/coursework in crowd management and security management a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license and successfully pass background check
- Must be able to relocate to the Goodyear, AZ area and provide own housing and transportation
Dates: 1/4/22 through 03/31/22. Must be available Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., evenings, weekends and all game days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Please provide details on how this internship fits into your degree program, including hours required and number of credits.
What is your plan for housing in the Phoenix/Goodyear, AZ area?
Please describe your experience and/or coursework in event operations, including any events which you may have worked or volunteered.
Please describe your experience with and viewpoint on the importance of guest service.
What do you want to learn from this experience, in addition to the day-to-day operations of a sports organization or department? We want to make sure that the experience helps build the skills and knowledge necessary to help you get to your career goals. So, specifically, what are you hoping to learn from the experience?
What is your career goal upon completion of your degree? What type of position do you hope to attain upon graduation? Explain in as much detail as possible.
I understand this internship is full time from January through March and I will be available Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., evenings, weekends and all game days.