Seasonal Gameday Ticket Seller - Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati · OH)
Cincinnati Reds jobs
Sports Jobs in Cincinnati · OH
Ticket Operations: Ticket Operations
Department: Ticket Operations
Job Title: Seasonal Gameday Ticket Seller
Reports To: Sr. Manager of Ticket Operations Customer Service
FLSA: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Seasonal Gameday Ticket Sellers are responsible for providing an excellent guest experience for fans purchasing individual game tickets, picking up will call tickets or requiring customer service. Our sellers are expected to understand and effectively communicate the seating layout of Great American Ball Park, ticket pricing and promotions, as well as, ballpark policies. Prior experience in customer service, handling cash and balancing cash sales is preferred. The ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and some weekday afternoons is needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process walk-up ticket sales for Cincinnati Reds home games with efficiency and accuracy
- Efficiently and accurately distribute will call tickets
- Develop a working knowledge of Great American Ball Park seating, ticket prices, promotions and policies
- Process/balance cash and credit card sales
- Provide an excellent guest experience for fans in all situations
- Follow directions and effectively communicate with manager on duty
- Assist with gameday responsibilities as assigned
Ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Prior experience in customer service
- Experience handling and balancing cash and/or other payment methods
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior experience with, or the ability to learn, computerized ticketing software, specifically
- Ability to work nights, weekends, holidays and some weekday afternoons
- This is a seasonal opportunity and no benefits will be provided.
- Ticket Sellers are members of the IATSE Union, Local 754-B and will need to join the Union after 30 days
- Ticket Sellers are paid a game rate negotiated by the Union.
Important things to know BEFORE you apply:
Any offer of employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background investigation. Accordingly, you may be required to complete the Cincinnati Reds application forms and other such documentation as may be necessary to comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Pursuant to Major League Baseball, and in accordance with applicable law, you may be required to submit to a drug screen prior to and during your employment. To be considered for employment for the above position applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Games are scheduled on days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization
- Performs duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet Department productivity standards
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.