Major League Physical Therapist - Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati · OH)
Cincinnati Reds jobs
Sports Jobs in Cincinnati · OH
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
Department: Health and Performance
Job Title: Major League Physical Therapist
Reports To: Director of Physical Therapy
Job Purpose: Doctor of Physical Therapy committed to promoting the health and performance of the Cincinnati reds players and staff with the goal of winning World Series Championships. This individual will assist with the Physical Therapy needs of the Major League club.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in collaboration with our Health and Performance staff on the rehabilitation of players/protocols and their return to play schedules.
- Driving an objective based approach to injury assessment, treatment, and return-to-play management.
- Collaborative daily program planning with Director of PT, ATC’s, S&C department, coaching staff, as well as facilitating mental skills, nutrition and wellness professionals into the players plan of care.
- Assist in the continued development of injury specific protocols and educational content for Health and Performance staff.
- Assist with training room tasks as necessary, including but not limited to: medical administration, evaluation and treatment of acute injuries, assistance of the Athletic Training staff with daily training room duties and maintaining cleanliness and organization of the training room and rehab equipment/modalities.
- Assist with creation of reasonable and objective-based return to play calendars for each injury.
- Completion of player medical records in Athlete Health Management System.
- Regular meetings with the Director of Physical Therapy to provide updates on player care and collaborate on program planning.
- Responsible for management of the wet room throughout the regular season and while team is on the road.
In-Season (Cincinnati, OH):
- Assist with the execution of treatment and maintenance programs during all game days at GABP.
- Assist with the execution and interpretation of monthly assessments of 40-man players.
- Assist with implementation and completion of Spring Training and End of Season physicals throughout the organization, as able.
- Coordinate facility use during the season for rehab players while MLB team is on the road.
- Travel, as needed, with injured players for medical evaluation, procedures, follow-up, and rehab assignments.
- Flexibility to travel, as needed, with MLB team or to affiliate sites (including Goodyear) to assist with coverage when no players are staying back from MLB trips.
- Coverage, as needed, on team off-days at GABP.
Off-Season (Goodyear, AZ):
- Availability for reasonable Goodyear Player Development Complex activities/duties.
- Assist with coordination and monitoring of 40-man and MLB rehab athletes at outside clinics in the off-season.
- Ability to travel to assist with player monitoring and medical appointments.
- Attendance at yearly Health and Performance Summit.
Experience, Education and Licensure
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree, required
- Orthopedic or Sports Clinical Specialist preferred
- CPR Certification required
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Physical Therapist in professional or collegiate sports
- Ability to obtain Physical Therapy licensure in Arizona and Ohio
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Independent judgment and ability to multitask is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work long, flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must be trustworthy and comfortable with managing sensitive information.
- High level of interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with wide range of departments, seniority levels and personalities.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meet Department productivity standards.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.