DevOps Engineer - Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati · OH)
Cincinnati Reds jobs
Sports Jobs in Cincinnati · OH
Technical Services: Technical/Engineering
Department: Information Technology
Job Title: DevOps Engineer
Reports To: VP of Technology
FLSA: Salary, Exempt
Job Purpose: Work with Baseball Analytics and development groups to improve the efficiency and increase the reliability of our products and tools, and support optimal development processes within the group. We envision the person in this position to reduce the amount of time spent on code and infrastructure maintenance maintaining stable production environments, allowing Reds technical teams to serve information more easily to stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain internal software packages (Python, R), models and data science script build and release processes including continuous integration of software modules.
- Develop and maintain production data analysis jobs in partnership with data scientists and baseball analysts.
- Support tools utilized by analytics teams in the deployment and maintenance of services provided to external consumers of analytical information.
- Develop, document and communicate processes to technical teams.
- In collaboration with IT and Systems, design and maintain server environments and related administration for analytics teams use.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of automated tests and monitoring services to ensure continued reliability of our analytical products.
- Improve the overall efficiency of the R&D group and reliability of production models and code.
- Promote engineering best practices and standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Kubernetes, Rancher and RKE.
- Python, R, or similar programming languages, including for web development (Shiny, Angular ) and/or data analysis (Pandas).
- Linux/Unix and Microsoft OS, Azure.
- Kubernetes and related technologies for virtualization.
- R Pro (the statistical computing environment).
- Experience guiding teams and migrating software to use Spark SQL, HPC, or other high volume data technologies.
- Azure DevOps, Nexus Repository System, and Gnu Make for setting up CI/CD pipelines.
- Azure cloud computing services or similar environments.
- Web services, micro services, REST APIs, and related software architecture concepts.
- Remote working accommodations are available.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Hours will often include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Adhere to Cincinnati Reds Organization Policies and Procedures.
- Act as a role model within and outside the Cincinnati Reds Organization.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates.
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Meet Department productivity standards.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status?