Assistant Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coordinator - Cincinnati Reds (Cincinnati · OH)
Cincinnati Reds jobs
Sports Jobs in Cincinnati · OH
Player Operations: Strength and Conditioning
Department: Health and Performance
Job Title: Assistant Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coordinator
Reports To: Minor League S&C Coordinator
Job Purpose: Carry out Cincinnati Reds strength & conditioning program and return to play protocols with rehabbing baseball players at the Cincinnati Reds complex in Goodyear, AZ. Assist Minor League S&C Coordinator in the oversight/implementation of the Reds strength & conditioning program during Spring Training, Instructional League, Off-Season Camps and in season as needed with affiliate teams in the Minor Leagues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Assistant Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coordinator will reside in Arizona, work daily at the Cincinnati Reds complex in Goodyear, AZ.
- Ensure all players maintain a high level of effort and efficiency in their daily workouts.
- Responsible for daily, bi-weekly status updates as well as monthly reports.
- Ensure the consistency of instruction from the medical staff and strength staffs.
- Collaborate with various departments including the PT’s, Dietitian, Mental Skills, Wellness, Pitching Rehab Coordinator, and Wellness to help create an environment with athlete centered RTP programs.
- Oversee and develop long-term plans for players on rehab assignment that follow current best practice methods.
- Stay up to date on current best practice research for return to play protocols.
- Be able to schedule, collect and interpret objective physical assessment data.
- Assist Minor League S&C Coordinator as needed with communication with the Minor League Strength and Conditioning affiliate coaches, serving as an additional resource for program implementation and player status reports.
- Assist Minor League S&C Coordinator with the planning and preparation of Spring Training, instructional league and any off-season camps held in Goodyear, AZ.
- In charge of day to day facility operations as they relate to strength and conditioning programs and initiatives at Goodyear, AZ Complex when Minor League S&C Coordinator is traveling to affiliates.
- Aid in the preparation of Off-Season documents and help with contacting players in off-season with bi-monthly check-ins.
- Limited travel may be expected to affiliates depending on Strength & Conditioning staffing limitations and scheduling conflicts.
- This is a leadership position within the Strength & Conditioning Department and in the Organization with the Cincinnati Reds. In addition to strong leadership qualities this position is expected to demonstrate teamwork, collaboration, and serves as a positive influence and example of the Cincinnati Reds culture.
- Assist with various weight room tasks as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Independent judgment and ability to multitask is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to work long, flexible hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must be trustworthy and comfortable with managing large quantities of money and sensitive information.
- High level of interpersonal skills and be able to effectively communicate with wide range of departments, seniority levels and personalities.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The Cincinnati Reds are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Cincinnati Reds to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, military or veteran status, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The above description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Additional duties, as assigned, may become part of the job function. The duties listed above is, therefore, a partial representation not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.