Job Title: Producer, DBTV Productions
Department: DBTV Productions
Work/FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Sr. Producer, DBTV Productions
Taking direction from the VP, Game Operations & DBTV Productions and Sr. Coordinator, DBTV Productions, individual will be able to work collaboratively with the production team to efficiently and effectively produce video and graphic initiatives for in-game entertainment, social media, internal departments and other related productions in accordance with job requests that support the overall goals of the D-backs. This candidate must possess strong creative and communication skills to effectively relate to the adjusting needs of the organization.
Primary (Essential) Duties:
- Conceive, write, produce, shoot and edit original, short-form content (usually less than 60 seconds) and long-form content on a daily basis for the digital media space, including social media platforms and DBTV
- Tell creative, visual stories that connect fans to the franchise and engage our fan base through a variety of mediums
- Create motion graphics to support digital, social and in-game initiatives
- Assist in the creation of gifs, memes, video infographics for all social platforms
- Utilize creative skill set to assist in promoting the team’s Marketing, Corporate Partnerships, Community Relations and Ticket Sales initiatives
- Manage multiple job requests and revisions that span different departments on tight timelines
- Effectively communicate and coordinate with the Vice President and Manager to ensure that all content communicates the desired message while functioning successfully with the multitude of jobs you will receive
- Take ownership of the creative process for each project you are assigned, including interdepartmental communication, problem-solving, and business decision-making.
- Demonstrate and support the service nature of the DBTV Productions department
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Studio ENG and DSLR camera operation and script/voiceover writing preferred
- Video control room or live production experience in sports or entertainment
- Knowledge of motion design and relevant production software including After Effects and Photoshop
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong baseball knowledge preferred; general baseball knowledge required
- Self-motivated with the ability to remain calm under pressure; candidate should take personal responsibility for getting things done in a way that positively and professionally represents the organization
- Sense of humor is a must
- Possess strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Consistently take the initiative to complete tasks and projects with limited supervision
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple jobs in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to effectively communicate with internal clients regarding video projects
- Must maintain a professional attitude at all times and be receptive to project changes
- Must be able to work independently and collaborate as part of a cross-functional team
- Must be willing to work long hours and weekends, as this position will attend nearly every home game and can often have projects that don’t fall during normal business hours
Experience/ Education Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Video Production, Multimedia Journalism or closely related discipline
- 2+ years of professional experience in the Video Production or Digital/Social field in sports, entertainment, creative agency or corporate environment
Travel, Working Conditions, and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Perform physical activities such as setting up for an event and utilizing standard video camera equipment
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays
- Travel less than 5%
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Arizona Diamondbacks organization provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. In addition to the specific job duties set forth above, the employee must also perform any and all other duties assigned by the supervisor.
This job description does not constitute a contract of employment. The Arizona Diamondbacks organization may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time.