The York Revolution of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball is searching for a media relations intern for the 2019 season.
The position is a part-time internship for current college students, and lasts from mid-May through mid-August.
- Compiling and distributing stat packs, rosters, and starting lineups prior to home contests
- Distribution of postgame box scores
- Posting team news on organization’s blog and social media outlets
- Write feature stories including player Q&A’s for club’s game program
- Assist with other team media relations efforts including accommodating press requests and disseminating media credentials
- Assist the marketing team with game day preparation
- The Revolution owns its flagship radio station, SportsRadio 1350 WOYK, creating additional opportunities to gain valuable experience.
- Production of audio segments to air on WOYK
- Writing, voicing, and producing on-air spots for sponsors, team promos, and daily station features
- Editing postgame highlights
- Keen attention to detail and a diligent, dedicated work ethic
- Strong writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Vast knowledge of baseball
- Be a team player and self-motivator
- Possess a willingness to learn and a positive attitude
- Ability to multi-task and maintain high quality of work under daily deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and social media platforms
This position is unpaid but is for college credit, lasting from mid-May through mid-August. The hired candidate will be expected to work all Revolution home games during that timeframe. Opportunities for hourly pay on non gamedays may be available.
Interested candidates should apply through Teamwork Online or by email, and submit a resume and cover letter to WOYK General Manager and Revolution Play-by-Play Broadcaster Darrell Henry at email@example.com
Please include in your cover letter the earliest date you could start, on or after May 15, 2019. No phone calls please.