York Revolution (Shipley Energy)
Online Sales Specialist
As Online Sales Specialist (OSS), the primary goal of this position is to constantly increase online sales revenue for retail and ticket products of the York Revolution. In addition, the OSS will support all sales and operations of the First Capital Federal Credit Union Team Store at WellSpan Park. The OSS will manage inventory and staffing, and support efforts to identify and procure new inventory.
The OSS will manage a budget for external online advertising to promote retail and ticket products with the goal of maximizing return on investment. The OSS will use previous experience, industry knowledge, research and past results in determining how to invest the online budget provided. While most retail revenue currently comes from in-person purchases, the goal for the OSS is to increase the percentage and volume of online retail sales with regard to traditional sales. The OSS will also take over management of paid social media and Google advertising from 3rd party vendors, with the intent of increasing online ticket product sales and ROI.
We believe that online revenue represents the fastest growing revenue source for our organization and the OSS will be primarily responsible for the continued growth of this segment.
Please note that the York Revolution is a hospitality and sports organization that delivers its product evenings and weekends, therefore significant evening and weekend hours are required. In addition, as a small business, employees are at times required to work across assigned functions to support operations. Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are key attributes for success with the York Revolution.
- Degree in related field
- Experience in marketing retail products is required.
- Experience in online marketing is required.
- Experience working in the sports industry is an advantage, but not required.
- Commitment to the values of initiative, responsibility, caring relationships, integrity and innovation
- Proficient in computer technology including Microsoft applications
- Excellent organizational, written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- A minimum 40-hour week and 8-hour Monday-Friday work schedule is required of all full-time employees during the off-season. This schedule will include some weekend hours for special events as determined by the General Manager or the President.
- Work hours during the baseball season will exceed 60 hours per week and 12+ hours per day on game days including evenings and weekends. The baseball season work schedule may also include seven or more consecutive workdays.
- Meet revenue goals for the First Capital Federal Credit Union Team Store by managing the online store and physical location at WellSpan Park.
- Meet revenue goals for selected ticket products, in collaboration with the Marketing and Ticketing Departments. Select ticket products may include non-dated ticket plans, individual tickets with an emphasis on online sales and small season membership packages such as the WellSpan Silver Sluggers ticket plan.
- Design and place paid social media, Google, and other online sales campaigns.
- Use online marketing to generate leads for Parties & Events at WellSpan Park.
- Supports operations of the First Capital Federal Credit Union Team Store:
- Assist Director with stocking, shipping, inventory and other routine physical store tasks;
- Serve as manager on duty for game events;
- Understand the Square software to efficiently manage sales and inventory.
- Understand and implement advertising on social media platforms such as Meta and Instagram to drive gross sales.
- Create retail sales and marketing collateral in collaboration with the Creative Services Director.
Requirements of All Associates:
- Applies best efforts and full capability each day to the work assigned by own manager.
- Advises manager when:
- An assignment is not understood.
- An assignment conflicts with knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time/resources.
- Obstacles to completing the assignment exist or are likely to occur.
- Opportunities to better complete or improve the assignment exist or may occur.
- Understands and demonstrates our cultural expectations.
- Assists with operational or non-department related tasks as requested by manager.
- Continues to build on knowledge of the business and industry.
- Physical requirements of this position include the following:
- Ability to be standing and walking for a 12+ hour day which may result in walking several miles collectively in a given shift.
- Ability to lift items from ground level that may weigh up to 40 pounds. Such items may include program boxes, chairs, tables and other miscellaneous stadium property.
- Ability to conduct stadium cleaning of seats and railings on game days, particularly the skybox balcony seats.
- Assist with the field tarp as required by the General Manager. “Pulling” tarp is a physically rigorous exercise which consists of a pushing motion rolling out the tarp, and then pulling the tarp onto the field. When “dumping” the tarp, the associate may have to run and pull a heavy weight of standing water before rolling the tarp up and putting it away. Should an associate not be able to conduct this task there are other tasks involved in tarp pulling that can be done that are not as physically rigorous.
- Other related duties as required.
- Supervises Retail intern(s) and hourly retail staff for games and events.
- Authorized to bind the company into contracts, limited to those approved vendors that provide inventory for the First Capital Federal Credit Union Team Store and vendors contracted to provide retail goods and apparel.
- Reports immediately to the Director of Ticketing and Retail Operations.
- Secondary manager reports are to the Director of Marketing and Communications and to the General Manager.
- Internal contacts: managers and team members.
- External contacts: customers, vendors, promotional contacts.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.