Position: April-September 2018 (1 spot avaliable)
Photography Intern: The Sugar Land Skeeters are looking for a photography intern to assist the Digital Media and Communications department. The photography intern will report to the Graphics Coordinator and Marketing and Digital Media Coordinator and will assist with the day-to-day objectives of the Digital Media and Communications Department.
- Shoot action photos of training sessions and batting practices
- Shoot photos during game days and other events as needed
- Edit photos in Photoshop
- Photograph fans and in-game presentation
- Handle image sourcing / emailing internal & external photo requests
- Assist with archiving of photos
- Edit photos used on social media
- Applicants should be working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in photography, photo journalism, or related field.
- Interested in pursuing a career in photography
- Proficient in Adobe Bridge, Adobe Lightroom, and Photoshop
- Demonstrated photography and photo editing experience
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism within a professional sports environment and in media work zones
- Proficient in photography techniques, including lighting and camera positioning among others
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel as needed and to various events around the community
- Must be able to provide your own equipment
Please submit samples of your best action (sports) photography as well as any other work that demonstrates your creative abilities.