Position: March 2018-September 2018 (End of the Season)
Media Relations Intern: The Sugar Land Skeeters are accepting resumes for a Media Relations Intern for the 2018 season. The start date would be in April and the internship would run through the 2018 season (late September/early October). This is a six-month full-time commitment. Experience in public information, sports information, media relations, public relations and/or event management is preferred. Candidate must have strong writing and verbal skills and be able to communicate with numerous audiences including media, team staff, front office, fans and sponsors. The successful candidate should be reliable, able to handle multiple tasks, work long hours (weekends & evenings included), team player and assist the department in:
- Writing and distributing periodic press releases, program copy and media guide.
- Providing copy and player text and graphics for the Skeeters website.
- Statistical updates distributed to staff and media during home games.
- Writing daily game notes, game summaries and other daily informational material during the season.
- Acting as a liaison and providing support to media.
- Writing player bios, assist in layout and production of team program and media guide.
- Assisting in game operations of the press box.
- Produce game line-up each game and update line-up and standings board in stadium
- Interacting with fans in a customer friendly fashion.
- Serving as support staff for all other departments on an “as needed” basis.
- Other duties as assigned including: player appearances, mascot appearances, tarp duties (rain games), distributing promo items and programs pre-game and other duties as assigned
- College degree with emphasis in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and Adobe Photoshop
- Working knowledge of social media management & platforms
- Good customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to work nights and weekends