PREFERRED- EXPERIENCE IN RETAIL OR SPORT MERCHANDISE AND INVENTORY
Job Title Director of Merchandise
Department Sales & Service
Working Business Days Generally Monday through Friday and Skeeters Home Game
Hours Per Day 8+
Hours Per Week 40+ (required to work all Skeeters games and extra events)
Scope of Game Days Responsible for overall operation of the Buzz Stop Retail Store
Other Events As needed
Supervisory Responsibilities Game Day staff for Buzzz Stop Retail Store and Skeeter Kiosk
Technology Able to operate and learn software used at Constellation Field including Square and Big Commerce; Proficient in Office Products
The Director of Merchandise is a key position in the sales and customer service of the organization. This position reports to the Director of Finance and controls the operations, activities and staff of the Buzzzz Retail Store at Constellation Field and the Skeeter Kiosk at Sugar Land Town Square. The Director of Merchandise is required to generate a comprehensive monthly report for store inventory and a daily report for all sales. This position is also required to create a comfortable retail atmosphere by making the buying process customer friendly and by purchasing/designing good merchandise products. Internally, the Director of Merchandise must work closely with the Director of Finance to approve accurate reports of all inventory and transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Annually collaborate on a draft budget and plan for sales and cost of goods (COGS) projections. The budget should detail revenues and expenses by category and department expenses. The plan shall outline the manner in which the draft budget is to be achieved. Specific examples of collaboration include but are not limited to:
· Finance Department for financial detail and accuracy of inventory.
· Review and approve vendor invoices and orders for the retail department.
2. Job Duties and Overview
· Determines order schedule by reviewing priorities with supervisor; discussing special instructions, product promotions, new products, and price changes.
· Maintains store shelves by observing displays of products; removing damaged or freshness-dated products; tidying store shelves; providing optimum display of products.
· Maintains inventory by restocking shelves with product from the storage room; observing inventory levels; prompting store management to reorder when levels become low; arranging for return and credit for damaged products.
· Helps field sales representatives with special promotions by setting-up displays at aisle ends; checking daily on special promotions; observing customer reaction to special promotions; forwarding observations to management; removing promotions at end of special promotion period.
· Maintains quality results by following and enforcing standards with all game day and part time employees; trains and helps develop each employee that will work the register.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Enhances merchandising and organization reputation by accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments; working with Little Leagues to supply teams with baseball gear.
· Maintain relationships with all vendors in order to find the best available merchandise within the budget.
3. Customers Merchandise Buying Experience
Manage the customer’s merchandise experience through the website (Big Commerce & Square). This framework should be externally customer service friendly, fluid, accurate, clean and efficient.
Specific examples include but are not limited to:
· Maintain public office hours Monday through Friday, plus all stadium events as needed. Properly staff for in-person sales.
· Insure physical area is well kept. Floor mopped/vacuumed. Windows free of handprints and dirt. Counter space tidy.
· Insure sales information presented to the public is simple, current, straight forward, and easy to find.
4. Internal Operations
This framework should be internally fluid, efficient, financially sound, and accurate. Create and maintain detailed reports on a schedule as outlined by the Director of Finance/President/Ownership.
Recruit, hire, train and supervise designated staff: Game Day Buzzz Stop employees; insure that each staff member under your supervision provides the optimal representation of a professional sports organization. Specific examples include: Conduct regular reviews including annual performance reviews.
6. Demonstrate the ability to balance multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate effectively and frequently in a flexible and quick moving environment.
7. Participate in staff meetings (normally Monday mornings) and department meetings as determined by President.
8. Be a team player among all employees.
MEASUREMENTS OF SUCCESS
- Accurate and timely completion of daily, weekly and monthly retail sales deposits and inventory reports.
- Retail shop is open for guests with staff available during posted hours to ensure minimal waiting and complete customer satisfaction.
- Retail shop meets quarterly expectations for costs kept within given budget.
- Regarded as the on-site lead person for the online store system (shipping orders) and all functions involving the Square system.
- Ensure inventory is processed and displayed meeting timelines.
- Monitoring retail trends and finding ways to improve if needed.
- Ensure that special inventory (player/staff holds, merchandise requests, store orders) are fulfilled in a timely manner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.