Position: April 1st, 2018-September 30, 2018 (1 Home)
Must live in close proximity to the stadium!
Seeking intern to work on the home
radio broadcast for the 2017 season. If you meet the below qualifications, please send your resume, writing samples and demo to Skeeters’ Senior Director of Broadcasting Ira Liebman at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Someone looking to make the jump to professional baseball and receive invaluable play-by-play and color analyst experience for Skeeters home games.
Unpaid position, but good opportunity to earn income through sales.
- You will receive experience in pre & post-game show and some play-by-play, as well as color during homes games.
- A person to do some pre-game and post-game interviews during home broadcasts.
- You will do 1 or 2 road trips as well as the main play-by-play person.
- Work with professional and former major league talent.
- Receive professional media relations experience to assist with game notes, post game recap, stories for program, website and other needs.
- Press Box assistance with player profiles, stats, lineups, and assist public relations department.
- Engineer games from radio station studio during road games and some home games, as well as do live studio updates.
- Assist with booking speaking engagements for broadcaster for “Speakers Bureau”
- Some sales responsibilities will also be involved in position.
- Setup broadcasting equipment when back from the road.
- A chance to work in baseball’s best independent professional league.
- Work in thriving environment in the fourth largest market in the country.
- Great opportunity to make a name in the Houston area that has four major league sports.
- Possibly some solo games inside Atlantic League.
- Large potential growth with team, inside league and future expansion teams.
Must have past baseball play-by-play experience, high school or college is fine.
- A great understanding and working knowledge of baseball and the game’s history a must, especially on the professional level.
- Will need to submit an actual demo of play-by-play of an actual game, no simulations.
- Audio, music and recording of commercials editing skills a major bonus.
- Some journalism experience in writing such as school paper, website, program, but journalism major is not required.
- Any ability to understand or learn running the board in a studio is helpful.
- Sales experience is preferred.
- Ideal candidate looking to pursue a position not just in sports, but in baseball.
- Those in school must be done by April 1, or need internship credits to graduate or taking on-line classes.
- Must be available from April through the end of September.
- Willing to work long hours during home games and some hours while team is on road.
- Looking for communications, media relations or broadcasting majors, but will consider others who are unique candidates who fit requirements.