Jan 11th – April 30th
About the Sugar Land Skeeters
The Sugar Land Skeeters are an American professional baseball team located in Sugar Land, Texas. The Skeeters play in the Freedom Division of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball (ALPB), which is an independent league not affiliated with Major League Baseball. They have played their home games at Constellation Field – located 20 minutes from Houston – since the beginning of the 2012 season.
Members of the Internship Program will be exposed to all facets of a Minor League Baseball organization and will gain practical, in-depth experience. This internship will play a vital role in planning the 2021 Skeeters baseball season (10th season) including grass roots marketing, theme night creation and execution, ballpark entertainment, sales and business presentations. Interns will also gain knowledge of the off-season event execution of a year-round full-service venue.
Time Frame/Work Schedule:
Dates: Jan 11th – April 30th
- 9AM-5PM Mondays – Fridays
- Hours may vary on event days and as the season approaches
Activities for Internship Class
- Focus will be on sales, community involvement, and how to market the team
- Help with spring training events (i.e. Meet the Team Dinner, Fan Fest)
- Pocket Schedule Pass Out to promote our new season
- Reading Program Presentations with the Skeeters Mascot – Swatson
- Assist with planning of Opening Night and other theme nights
- Assist with printing and packaging of season tickets and mini plans
Projects will be customized for each intern. Past projects have included:
- Planning/executing a season ticket holder and new client event
- Planning/executing a Valentine’s Day dinner
- Working as a group to help plan a theme night
- Researching and attending a community event to help promote our team within the local community
Please Note: Candidates MUST live within commuting distance or have housing in the Houston area for the entire duration of the internship. Please be sure when applying to attach cover letters and resumes to be considered for an interview.