The Staten Island FerryHawks are a minor league professional baseball team playing in the Atlantic League (an independent league partnered with Major League Baseball). The team is owned by Staten Island Entertainment, led by Chairman John Catsimatidis and President Eric Shuffler with investors that include the New York Yankees, Pete Davidson, and Colin Jost. The team was established in 2022.
We are excited to have students intern with us for college credit. Internships are in person and for a minimum of 100 hours per semester. The summer internship is for-credit only and we will work with you to meet your hourly weekly requirements towards class credit.
The Sales & Events Internship provides a learning experience for those looking to develop their knowledge and skills surrounding sports business operations. Within these broad areas, we will work with students to craft meaningful work opportunities. Projects include but aren’t limited to: Guest relations, ticket operations, and premium services, further allowing them to network with seasoned professionals to achieve their career goals.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and target prospects for new groups, ticket plans, suites and partnerships through internet research, email, and cold calls
- Become familiar with SCORE CRM & TicketReturn ticketing
- Assist fans in locating areas of SIUH Community Park and supplying general information on game days.
- Assist fans on the concourses, aiding the guest experience booths, working activations such as photo taking on concourses, and helping to assess the overall game day experience through observation.
- Participate in developing and implementing sales and marketing initiatives for Ferryhawks baseball and other events
- Organizing and taking inventory of team giveaways
- Assist with grassroots marketing, including creation and distribution of flyers and other marketing materials, tabling and creating relationships with various retailers to promote events
- Brainstorming ideas for revenue-generating events at Staten Island University Hospital Community Park
- Assist in managing the Ferryhawks various social media sites – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok
- Conducting demographic and psychographic research for various events and projects
- Attend meetings with potential partners and learn to execute marketing with third-party partnerships
- Interact with Staten Island Entertainment staff when working on various projects
- E-mail management, website management, and venue reporting
- Additional tasks as assigned
- Must be a college junior, senior or graduate student
- Must be eligible to receive college credit
- Recommended for Sport Management, Marketing, Business Management, or Hospitality Majors
- Must be available weeknights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be available to assist for outside events
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Acrobat Reader a plus
- Must have working knowledge of social media platforms
- Active involvement in on campus civic and/or leadership activities highly desired
- Well organized with ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.