Position: Finance Coordinator
Reports Directly To: General Manager
Responsible for maintaining all accounting, record keeping and administrative functions of the Blue Crabs. Individual must be well organized, energetic, enthusiastic, and show attention to detail.
Financial Operations: Will handle all accounting tasks of the operation. This will include general ledger maintenance, account reconciliation, financial statement preparation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, petty cash, local tax returns, and all payroll functions. Maintain valid insurance policies and coverage.
Miscellaneous Administrative Duties: Human Resources and employee files, and banking operations.
Experience in accounting and payroll for a small business utilizing Quickbooks. Individual must be familiar with personal computers operating in the Windows environment. Individual must have strong planning and organizational skills. Individual must be energetic, enthusiastic and demonstrate an initiative in completing all tasks at hand in a timely manner. Individual must be able to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and achieve objectives.
Candidate must have the ability to handle stress in a fast paced environment.
Salary is based on experience and capabilities. Health insurance is available the first day of the first month after 30 days of continuous service.
Breakdown of Specific Job Duties
- Monitor the activity and reconcile company bank accounts
- Record all major entries into the financial system
- Produce accurate financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of the budget
- Review financial statements with General Manager
- Oversee Accounts Payable
- Oversee Accounts Receivable
- Prepare payroll
- Verify and record deposits for all areas of the business
- Prepare and reconcile daily cash report
- Compute and electronically pay monthly sales tax and admissions tax.
- Prepare annual county assessors business property statement
- Coordinate and put together meal money packets for each road trip
- Reconcile and review Glitnir daily reports.
- Enter and develop month end journal entries
- Record commissions and expenses developed via Spectra Food Services
- Reconcile monthly Spectra check
- Developed projected expenses worksheet
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.