The Kitchen Supervisor position works hand-in-hand with the Sous Chef and Catering Manager positions. The Kitchen Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities concerning all back-of-the house operations and personnel, including food preparation, kitchen and storeroom areas.
The Kitchen Supervisor will contribute to HomePlate’s operational and financial success by following all HomePlate culinary standards for sanitation and preparation to ensure that food product is of the highest quality in taste and appearance, to satisfy guest expectations and to maximize food revenues.
- Assist the Sous Chef in the purchase and conduct inventory of food items, supplies and equipment.
- Assist Sous Chef with scheduling of kitchen staff.
- Prepare and coordinate orders to ensure they are cooked timely and with accuracy and prepared with the absolute highest quality of taste and presentation.
- Supervise food preparation personnel to ensure quality standards are maintained.
- Supervise and coordinate activities concerning food preparation, kitchen and storeroom areas.
- Sample, smell and observe food to ensure conformance to recipes and standards of appearance and taste.
- Inform front-of-the-house personnel of menu changes, specials and shortages.
- Comply with all established health, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Contribute to customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Oversee end of night kitchen cleanup and shut down.
· Minimum of 1 year experience in food preparation in a fast paced environment.
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· Knowledge of various work stations and ability to train others in that station.
· Must be able to interact verbally and listen attentively to co-workers and supervisors.
· Ability to follow written and oral direction.
· Ability to work under pressure and independently.
· Associates degree from an accredited college or university.
· ServSafe certification.
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours are often extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
**Please include salary requirements when applying. **
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with HomePlate. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.