The New Britain Bees are accepting resumes for a Merchandise Intern for the 2017 Season. The start date would be March or April and the internship would run through the 2017 New Britain Bees season (Late September/Early October). Candidates must be current college students and must be able to dedicate a significant about of time to the internship. THIS IS A FOR CREDIT INTERNSHIP ONLY. Knowledge of Glitnir & Clover POS systems are a plus, as are experience in retail and customer service. The successful candidate should be dependable, able to handle multiple tasks, work long hours (weekends & evenings included), be willing to get his/her hands dirty, and assist the Business Manager in:
· Managing the daily operations of one of the most successful merchandise stores in minor league baseball (register use, financial responsibilities, etc).
· Interacting with fans in a customer friendly fashion.
· Learning and teaching customer service and sales skills
· Serving as support staff for all other departments on an “as needed” basis.
· Other duties as assigned, including: Sales calls, mascot appearances, tarping the field, and much more
· Reliable transportation to and from New Britain Stadium
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Strong work ethic and burning desire to be successful in the sports industry
· Good customer service and communication skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Willingness to work nights and weekends