The New Britain Bees are accepting resumes for a FOR CREDIT Business Management Intern for Summer 2018. The start date would be in March and the internship would run through the 2017 New Britain Bees season (Late September/Early October). Candidates must be current college students and must be able to dedicate a significant amount of time to the internship. THIS IS A FOR CREDIT INTERNSHIP ONLY. Strong writing and verbal skills are essential, as is the ability to work well in a dynamic, small-office environment. The successful candidate should be dependable, able to handle multiple tasks, work weekends & evenings, be willing to get his/her hands dirty, and assist the business and finance department in:
· Assisting in entering ticket order contracts and sponsorship contracts
· Assisting in creation of monthly financial statements
· Meet with managers to review financial results.
· Review invoices and expense reports for proper documentation, accuracy and approvals
· Establish and maintain strong relationships with colleagues in all departments in order to effectively identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
· Assist in the process for monthly payments for sales & use tax.
· Produce purchase orders
· Purchase office supplies
· Other duties as assigned
· Strong work ethic and burning desire to be successful in the sports industry
· Good customer service and communication skills.
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Willingness to work nights and weekends
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Must provide own laptop
· Working knowledge of Quickbooks a plus