Account Executive – Ticket Sales
Reports To: VP Sales and Marketing
The Account Executive-Ticket Sales is responsible for group, suite, and season ticket sales. The incumbent of this position develops new prospects and interacts with existing customers to increase sales of company products and/or services focused around ticket packages, picnics, merchandise.
Essential Job Functions:
- Generate revenue for the Lexington Counter Clocks through the sale of ticket plans, group tickets, corporate events and luxury suite rentals to new and renewal customers.
- Provide excellent customer service to all customers ensuring that their ticket plan or group event experience is consistent with the quality of product the Counter Clocks seek to provide.
- Participate in sales planning and execution strategies, including but not limited to: direct sales calls, appointments, networking, and customer database maintenance.
- Set appointments over the phone and in-person with CEOs, presidents, owners, and other company and organizational decision-makers with an expectation of 10 appointments per week.
- Generate new leads and maintain the ability to close sales in both an internal and external sales environment.
- Develop new customers from referrals, prospecting lists and cold calls.
- Communicate effectively over the phone and in-person.
- Maintain accurate personal and department sales records.
- Represent the Counter Clocks both at Counter Clocks Field and at community events in such a way that enhances and protects the brand image of the team. Counter Clocks employees represent the organization at all times and will be expected to carry themselves with this in mind.
- Assist with game and event operations as assigned. Counter Clocks Field is a premier sports and entertainment facility in the region and the entire staff contributes to hosting successful events involving baseball and other forms of entertainment.
- Other duties as requested or required
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field plus previous sales experience with a track record of success
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Professional history of customer-oriented activity
- Bottom line and results-oriented
- Aptitude to learn new skills and implement strategies
- Ability to participate in a strategic setting
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Sales experience or related field
- History of working with people
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends when needed
- Work history involving creativity in a business setting
- 2+ years of sales experience in the same or related field
- Demonstrated ability to work in fast-paced, stressful environment
- Ability to manage time well
- Knowledge of baseball industry
- Customer service experience
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
- Required to work long hours standing and walking around.
- Sitting, standing, walking, reaching with arms and hands, climbing, balancing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, kneeling, or crouching are all part of this position.
- Must be able to handle weather related elements such as rain and heat.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.