The Lancaster Barnstormers are members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, the highest level of professional baseball other than the Major Leagues. Since the league’s inception in 1998, over 30 million fans have attended an Atlantic League game in one of the league’s state-of-the-art ballparks. Located in downtown Lancaster, PA, we are looking for candidates who have a drive for excellence, a passion for their work, and an interest in a career in the sports industry.
Will focus on the execution of marketing concepts and collateral for theme and event nights. The individual will also work to assist the team in the social media and web efforts.
This is an unpaid position for credit or volunteer experience.
· Assist in the execution of all pre-game and post-game activities including fan experiences
· Assist in identifying and executing guerrilla marketing ideas to promote theme and event nights
· Manage grassroots marketing promotions including game day signs
· Maintain a high level of enthusiasm and entertainment through various concourse games, activities, and promotions
· Collect data and assist in other marketing efforts during events
· Write and post content on the team website and social media platforms
· Assist with public relations projects and various team social media campaigns
· Handle other duties as assigned
· A knowledge of baseball would be helpful
· A knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Wordpress
· Skills with analytics and Adobe Suite are preferred
· Professionalism, friendliness, and a strong work ethic
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
· Strong creative, written, and verbal skills
· The ability to supply excellent customer service to all clients and fans
· Able to maintain a flexible work schedule
Time Frame/Work Schedule (May 2018 – September 2018). Interns are expected to begin their internship at the beginning of their Summer Semester and are expected to stay throughout the duration of the season. Hours are full time (30+) and may vary based on game schedule and regular non-game day office hours. This includes nights, weekends, and holidays. Interns will be required to sign a document with specific start and end dates prior to beginning their internship.
Candidates must live within commuting distance or have housing in the Lancaster area. Intern Candidate’s resumes will be reviewed once submitted. Interviews will take place in February and will be held on site at Clipper Magazine Stadium in Lancaster, PA.