The Lancaster Barnstormers are members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball,
Atlantic League of Professional Baseball (ALPB)
With teams throughout the Mid-Atlantic, the ALPB is a leader in baseball innovation and a player gateway to Major League Baseball. The Atlantic League tests Major League Baseball rules and equipment initiatives through its exclusive partnership with MLB. The Atlantic League has sent over 1,000 players to MLB organizations while drawing more than 44 million fans to its affordable, family-friendly ballparks throughout its 24-year history. For more information, please visit www.AtlanticLeague.com.
Will work to assist the team in executing an exceptional presence both in the stadium and the community. This is an unpaid position for college credit for the winter of 2022. Graduation date of 2023, 2024; encouraged to apply. The Community Engagement Associate will assist the team in executing an exceptional presence in the stadium and community. Will report to the Director of Community Relationships.
· Assist with mascot/player appearance scheduling and coordination
· Handle mascot/player appearances, including driving performer/player from the stadium to the event
· Coordinate Reading Program with Lancaster Lebanon School and Chester County Districts
· Assist with the fulfillment of various community outreach promotions throughout the year
· Attend local community meetings with the Director of Community Relationships
· Identify and attend community events in which the team should have a presence
· Assist with marketing table promotions set up and fulfillment needed to assist the sales team
· Create community activities to assist in promoting the team/stadium as a local community center
· Assist with fulfillment of external donation inquiries
· Assist with public relations projects
· Update all public social calendars
· Handle other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications for Winter/Spring Internships:
· A knowledge of baseball preferred
· Professionalism, friendliness, and a strong work ethic
· Strong time management, communication, and organizational skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook (Photoshop skills a plus)
· Strong creative, written, and verbal skills
· The ability to supply excellent customer service to all clients and fans
· Able to maintain a flexible work schedule
Time Frame/Work Schedule (Spring January 2023 - May 2023) or (Summer May 2023 - September 2023) Interns are expected to begin their internship at the beginning the term and are expected to stay throughout the agreed time. Hours may vary based on the game/event schedule and regular office hours. This includes nights, weekends, and holidays. Interns must sign a document with specific start and end dates before beginning their internship.
Candidates must live within commuting distance or have housing in the Lancaster area. Intern Candidate resumes will be reviewed once submitted. Interviews will occur on-site at Clipper Magazine Stadium in Lancaster, PA, and by ZOOM.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.