The Lancaster Barnstormers are members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, the highest level of professional baseball other than the Major Leagues. Since the league’s inception in 1998, over 30 million fans have attended an Atlantic League game in one of the league’s state-of-the-art ballparks. Located in downtown Lancaster, PA, we are looking for candidates who have a drive for excellence, a passion for their work, and an interest in a career in the sports industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
o Maintenance of the field
o Keep track of game day staff and hours
o Upkeep of equipment and its safe operation
o Assist in rain delay procedures
o Maintain player and coach relations
o Safely perform all duties and responsibilities
o Work with supervisor to obtain goals
o Working additional events (concerts, college tournaments, non- professional baseball games, etc.).
• Turfgrass Management
• Sod Cutting and Installation
• Irrigation Management
• Mowing, trimming, and use of blowers
• Field marking and logo painting
• Infield, mound and home plate maintenance
• Must be positive and enthusiastic about working in professional baseball
• Must have the ability to do heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.) and deal with all kinds of weather conditions.
• Assistant must be able to work long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays. A typical work day can start at 9 AM and end at Midnight depending on the event.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.