Overview of the Lancaster Barnstormers
The Lancaster Barnstormers are celebrating their 15th season in the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball (ALPB). The Atlantic League of Professional Baseball is playing its 21st season with 8 teams. In 2019 the ALPB signed a 3-year agreement with Major League Baseball to become the official baseball league to test potential rule and equipment changes for MLB. The Lancaster Barnstormers play at Clipper Magazine Stadium in Lancaster, PA. Besides professional baseball the stadium hosts, college and high school baseball, concerts, non-profit events and “Christmas at Clipper Magazine Stadium”.
The Vice President of Ticket Sales & Service is responsible for the oversight and direction of Season and Partial ticket plans, group sales, yearly suite leases; as well as the execution and service of all team accounts. In addition to the oversight of the ticket sales team, this position will work directly with the Ticket Operations and Box Office team on ticket fulfillment and operation needs.
- Develop a timeline and strategy with the Ticket Operations and Box Office teams for fulfillment of tickets.
- Work directly with the Director of Ticket Operations on data analysis and strategy development Responsible for servicing and customer retention, directing the implementation of sponsorships and contract fulfillment, and providing excellent customer service and care to all customers and prospects
- Manage assigned group of employees by assisting with interviewing, hiring, and training while planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure staffing requirements are met and proper work assignments are maintained
- Manage the day-to-day operations of assigned departments
- Set team and individual sales goals, monitor daily, weekly and monthly results
- Research, develop and manage a list of potential new partners
- Network, build and foster relationships with past, current and potential new clients in the surrounding region
- Make sales calls to area organizations and follow up as necessary
- Create and develop comprehensive proposals and presentations to meet clients’ objectives
- Proactively create opportunities for new business with existing customers
- Develop annual budgets for all outbound sales revenue areas
- Responsible for the short and long-term sales objectives and action plans, sales goals and oversees the effectiveness of those plans toward meeting the overall goals.
- Assist in development and implementation of season ticket sales plans designed to meet annual goals
- Develop policies and procedures for the ticket and group sales executives
- Set appointments, show seats, and give facility tours with the intent to close business
- Represent the organization at in-house facility events and off-site community events promoting ticket sales and the organization
- Maintain records of all customers and prospects by utilizing CRM tool
- Coordinate with other departments to organize and implement large theme nights
- Enhance and generate revenue through ticket package and group sales
- Execute group contracts and deliver tickets to group customers
- Other duties may be assigned
Game Day Responsibilities:
- Manage suites and related areas
- Assist with client and fan entertainment as needed
- Assist with promotional execution as needed
- Assist other departments when necessary
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Sports Marketing, Marketing or related field preferred
- At least three years prior sales and/or ticket office experience preferred
- At least three years of sports sales experience preferred
- At least two years of prior management and leadership experience preferred
- Experience with managing budgets
- Prior experience with ticketing software preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to solve problems quickly
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Good working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Suite, Internet and database programs
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive for organizational business
- Ability and willingness to work varied and long hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.