The Sales Manager focuses mainly on group ticket and sponsorship sales. The execution is to be action-based, creative, focused, organized and responsive. Working directly with the SVP of Sales & Marketing, the Sales Manager will develop and execute their own personal business plan centered around finding new business for the ball club. Cold calling will be the main channel for finding new business. Utilizing social media, asking for referrals, and other creative thinking to make contacts will also be important to achieving success.
• Set Appointments over the phone with corporate decision makers, with a certain number of appointments per week as a goal for success in the position.
• Provide Customer Service to existing sponsorship accounts by visiting with the accounts throughout the season and off-season to ensure personalized, continual contact.
• Grow sponsorship revenue streams through renewals and new sales.
• Listening to each prospects needs carefully and matching them with the assets the ball club can deliver.
• Understand in detail the ball club's suite of marketing/sponsorship assets including signage, branding capabilities, social and digital assets, targeted and direct marketing capabilities, etc.
- Build professional, customized proposals for each prospect
• Maintain Database and add new database leads.
• Prospect for quality leads.
• Strong ability to communicate
• Drive, determination, and a strong work ethic
• Willingness and ability to listen and learn
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 2-3 years of prior experience in a similar sales role
• Previous sales experience with a sports organization a plus
A top candidate will be able to work persistently on prospecting that will lead to quality appointments with appropriate decision makers regarding sponsorship and/or group sales (for company employees or clients). This is really the nature of this position! Minor league baseball is a great product! Family entertainment at affordable prices, great baseball, fun outings, beautiful stadium and much more to be proud of with the Sugar Land Skeeters.