ATLANTIC LEAGUE OF PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL CLUBS
SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS REMOTE INTERN
The Atlantic League of Professional Baseball is seeking a Remote Social Media Marketing Intern.
The Social Media Marketing Intern will assist the league in promoting the Atlantic League and its teams through digital technologies. The Intern will compose and distribute newsworthy items supporting the league, its clubs, and stakeholders. The successful Intern will be highly motivated, innovative, a good writer, and a baseball enthusiast.
This is an opportunity to enter the exciting world of professional baseball, at a key time in the industry’s evolution. The Atlantic League is an independent, professional minor league and has been a leader in professional baseball and gateway to Major League Baseball since 1998. Over 42 million fans have attended Atlantic League games and more than 950 players, and 75 managers and coaches have joined MLB organizations directly from the ALPB. The Atlantic League emphasizes winning baseball games, showcasing the talent of top-caliber players and offering affordable family entertainment to fans in its communities.
- Learn about and understand ALPB branding, league objectives
- Write and/or edit news releases, Twitter and Instagram posts, social media content, newsletter items, and sponsored marketing copy
- Scan ALPB club announcements and posts, augmenting their efforts as appropriate
- Augment social media content to build fan following and engagement
- Work with sponsors to generate and place stories and social media content
- Work with each team to generate and place stories relevant to local club markets
- Ensure league and club compliance with sponsor communication obligations
- Place licensee and sponsor advertisements and links
- Assist in sponsor services and sponsor posts
- Assist league PR professionals to build on current social media, web site, and statistical efforts
- Maintain and update ALPB website
- Current or aspiring Marketing, Communications, or Journalism student or professional
- Able to work 10-12 hours per week (flexible schedule)
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Tik Tok, podcasts, blogs, and emerging digital media; experience a plus
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt quickly to new platforms and technologies
- Ability to communicate with league office and teams based in remote locations
- Ability to develop and pursue initiatives; willingness to express opinion
- Strong written and telephonic communication skills
- Motivated, organized self-starter who meets deadlines
- Positive, constructive attitude
- Remote reporting to league President and league Communications Director
- Weekly update meeting, occasionally more
- This is an unpaid internship, but the league will support classroom credits.
For more information about the ALPB, please visit www.AtlanticLeague.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.