The Long Island Ducks of The Atlantic League of Professional Baseball are currently accepting applications to fill the Merchandise/Client Services Full-Time Internship position for 2019. The start date could be as early as February and the internship would run through September. Knowledge of Photoshop and Quark are a plus, as are experience in retail and customer service. Strong managerial and verbal skills are essential, as is the ability to work well in a dynamic, small-office environment. The successful candidate should be dependable, able to handle multiple tasks, work long hours (weekends & evenings included), be willing to get his/her hands dirty, and assist the Director of Merchandise in:
• Managing the daily operations of one of the most successful merchandise stores in minor league baseball (register use, financial responsibilities, staffing concerns, etc).
• Preparation of all ‘Proof of performance’ pieces for sponsors
• Interacting with fans in a customer friendly fashion.
• Learning and teaching customer service and sales skills
• Serving as support staff for all other departments on an “as needed” basis.
o This includes: Sales calls, mascot appearances, tarping the field, and much more…
College Graduates only. This is an unpaid internship opportunity. However, an $800 monthly stipend is given to help offset any costs associated with the internship (gas, etc).
A detailed cover letter should accompany the application.