The Marketing and Communications Future Openings post covers 3 main areas of business across the Atlantic League and its teams: Promotions, Merchandise, and Media/Broadcasting. By applying for this post you are applying for future consideration for positions in the marketing and communications field with the Atlantic League and its respective teams.
The promotions manager’s main objective will to be enhance the overall club fan experience throughout the year while creating awareness about the team in the community.
- Build and execute corporate, community, & fan engagement programs through live events, digital & social media campaigns, and community outreach efforts
- Coordinate and implement all theme nights and promotions during the baseball season to generate fan excitement
- Work with the Sponsorship Sales to create custom in game promotions for sponsors and make sure all sponsored elements are included in game night presentations
- Assist in pre-event, event and post-event management
- Work with creative services team on all in game video board slides and other sponsored materials
- Initiate, coordinate, staff and produce all team community events, mascot & player appearances
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring sales area and store results, such as sales revenue, expenditures, progress reports, etc. in order to inform management of current statue of store operations
- Interpret Company policy to store managers
- Analyzes area budgets to identify needs and/or reductions, and may allocate operating budget funds
- Formulates pricing policies on merchandise according to requirements for profitability of store operations
- Recruit, hire, train and evaluate store managers and retail staff
- Strategically lead the retail store strategy
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and develops merchandise lines and evaluates product offerings
3. Media and Broadcasting:
- Coordinate all media relations for the team
- Write, distribute and promote all organizational press releases
- Compile and design Newsletter and be responsible for its timely distribution
- Website maintenance and design
- Work closely with other departments (Promotions, Community Relations, Baseball Ops, etc.) to promote team
- Complete research projects for the media guide and daily game notes
- Collect, organize and distribute the club daily press clippings
- Get price quotes, write and layout annual yearbook(s), brochures, pocket schedules and other print materials.
- Act as broadcaster for all 140 scheduled club contests on the Radio Network. Includes playoffs if team qualifies, all road travel (70 games), long hours, nights and weekends.
- Act as official scorer and line score operator if necessary.
- Handle all requests from media, including credentials, player access and management/ownership requests in a timely fashion.
- Write daily game notes, game summaries, and other daily informational material during the season.