The Lancaster Barnstormers are members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, the highest level of professional baseball other than the Major Leagues. Since the league’s inception in 1998, over 30 million fans have attended an Atlantic League game in one of the league’s state-of-the-art ballparks. Located in downtown Lancaster, PA, we are looking for candidates who have a drive for excellence, a passion for their work, and an interest in a career in the sports industry.
This position is open until filled. This is an unpaid position for college credit to run through the Winter of 2019, Spring or Summer of 2020. Graduation date of 2020, 2021, and 2022 encouraged to apply.
Will work closely with the Front Office to assist with individual and season ticket inquiries, general telephone questions, walk-in appointments, and creating an efficient and friendly environment for all fans. Individuals will receive hands-on training of the team’s online ticketing system and assist with daily operations of the ticket office including, but not limited to, working with customers and other duties as assigned.
- Assist in answering telephones in a timely manner
- Assist with walk-in customers and appointments
- Assist with the printing of promotional game vouchers and event tickets
- Maintain an understanding of upcoming events and promotions
- Engage customers and upgrade individual ticket sales to season plans where applicable
- Basic data entry
- Cash handling in a timely manner
- Handle other duties as assigned
- Professionalism, friendliness, a strong work ethic, and an interest in event ticketing
- Strong time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- The ability to supply excellent customer service to all clients and fans
- Able to maintain a flexible work schedule
Hours are (30+) and may vary based on events scheduled. This includes day, nights, weekends, and holidays. Interns will be required to sign a document with specific start and end dates prior to beginning their internship.
Candidates must live within commuting distance or have housing in the Lancaster area. Intern Candidate’s resumes will be reviewed once submitted.