The Lancaster Barnstormers are members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, the highest level of professional baseball other than the Major Leagues. Since the league's inception in 1998, over 30 million fans have attended an Atlantic League game in one of the league's state-of-the-art ballparks. Located in downtown Lancaster, PA, we are looking for candidates who have a drive for excellence, a passion for their work, and an interest in a career in the sports industry.
The Group Sales Associate will work closely with the Group Sales Team to achieve ticket sales and revenue goals. This position focuses on selling group inventory such as suites, picnics, group seats, birthday parties, fundraisers, and non-baseball events at the ballpark. The individual will receive hands-on training of the team's online ticketing system.
This is an unpaid position for college credit during the Summer of 2019. (May-August)
Graduation date of 2019, 2020, 2021 encouraged to apply.
- Make outbound phone calls to previous group clients, as well as introductory phone calls to group sales prospects
- Assist in executing group functions during games and non-baseball events
- Identify and apply focus to specific group categories in relation to theme night planning
- Handle other duties as assigned by the Group Sales Team
- Professionalism, friendliness, a strong work ethic, and an interest in sales
- Strong time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- The ability to supply excellent customer service to all clients and fans
- Able to maintain a flexible work schedule
Time Frame/Work Schedule (May-August). Hours are (30+) and may vary based on events scheduled. This includes nights, weekends, and holidays. Interns will be required to sign a document with specific start and end dates prior to beginning their internship.
Candidates must live within commuting distance or have housing in the Lancaster area. Intern Candidate’s resumes will be reviewed once submitted. Interviews will take place the last week of October.