The Lancaster Barnstormers are members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, the highest level of professional baseball other than the Major Leagues. Since the league’s inception in 1998, over 30 million fans have attended an Atlantic League game in one of the league’s state-of-the-art ballparks. Located in downtown Lancaster, PA, we are looking for candidates who have a drive for excellence, a passion for their work, and an interest in a career in the sports industry.
Will work to assist the team in executing an exceptional presence both in-stadium and out in the community. This is an unpaid position for college credit. Graduation date of 2019, 2020, 2021 encouraged to apply.
- Assist with mascot/player appearance scheduling and coordination
- Assist with fulfillment of various community outreach promotions throughout the year
- Identify and attend community events in which the team should have a presence
- Assist with fulfillment of external donation inquiries
- Handle other duties as assigned
- Professionalism, friendliness, and a strong work ethic
- Strong time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Strong creative, written, and verbal skills
- The ability to supply excellent customer service to all clients and fans
- Able to maintain a flexible work schedule
Time Frame/Work Schedule (May 2019 – September 2019). Interns are expected to begin their internship at the beginning of their Summer Semester and are expected to stay throughout the duration of the season. Hours are full time (30+) and may vary based on game schedule and regular non-game day office hours. This includes nights, weekends, and holidays. Interns will be required to sign a document with specific start and end dates prior to beginning their internship.
Candidates must live within commuting distance or have housing in the Lancaster area. Intern Candidate’s resumes will be reviewed once submitted. Interviews will take place in February and will be done on site at Clipper Magazine Stadium in Lancaster, PA.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.