Long Island Ducks Baseball jobs
Sports Jobs in Central Islip · NY
Food and Beverage: Warehouse Management/Staff
After 20 seasons working with an outside food and beverage concessionaire, the Long Island Ducks are taking their food and beverage services “in-house”. The Ducks are currently accepting resumes for the position of GM of Food & Beverage (GMFB).
The GMFB is ultimately responsible for all food & beverage service operations on a daily basis. Being the “public face” of these operations with a hands-on approach and an understanding that full “on-the-floor” member and staff engagement is critical to success in this position. The GMFB consistently provides superb food and beverage experiences for the Club’s guests. This senior level position works closely with, and reports directly to, the President/General Manager of the Long Island Ducks and ownership.
General Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Spearheads start up of operations and launch of new F&B LLC. Oversees and executes obtaining all proper food and beverage (liquor) licenses, board of health approvals, certifications and code compliance.
- Manages the entire food & beverage operation including Concession Stands, Picnics, Party Decks, Suites, Restaurant Dining Room, Kitchen, etc.
- Plans and implements a creative food service with variety and innovation, establishing the club’s reputation for high quality, creative food service.
- Hires, disciplines, and discharges all concessions staff. Advises Chef, Operations Manager, Concessions Supervisor, Warehouse Supervisor, and others in matters of hiring, firing and discipline.
- Establishes and maintains high standards of service, quality and job performance for staff. Provides a strong emphasis on “front of house” appearance, service, and cleanliness.
- Resolves complaints in a prompt, courteous way. Seeks constant feedback from customers and management concerning quality of food and service. Ensures that all staff have complete dedication to serving the needs and desires of customers.
- Establishes standards, policies, and procedures for the efficient operation of all food service venues while supervising staff, ensuring that all standards, policies, and procedures are followed.
- Establishes ongoing training program to meet standards of food preparation, presentation, and service for all areas of responsibility and trains staff to meet established goals and high standards of food quality preparation, presentation, and service. Following initial training and orientation, establishes formal ongoing training program for hourly gameday staff.
- Ensures scheduling of various staff in the most cost effective way to accomplish necessary work. Monitors and controls all costs, especially payroll.
- Controls food cost through constant monitoring. Works with kitchen to ensure standardized recipes, portion control and proper control of food.
- Works with Ducks accounting dept on budget, forecasts, P&L management and projections while providing daily event reports, weekly in-season revenue reports and monthly P&L reports, as well as ongoing financial reports to ownership.
- Helps kitchen achieve budgeted food cost percentage. Takes all necessary steps to ensure cost control to include portion control, use of leftovers, security of food supplies, cost-conscious purchasing, etc.
- In conjunction with Chef and President/GM of Ducks, plans, costs and prices menus.
- Ensures quality control of all food served.
- Ensures quality control in the set-up of ballpark by frequent inspections of all food service areas for cleanliness of stations, flatware, glassware, etc
- Establishes a thorough dedication to cleanliness on the part of staff to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and sanitation in areas of responsibility
- Ensures that all pertinent Alcoholic Beverage Content and service laws are followed.
- Ensures the safe and proper operation of all equipment.
- Ensures all necessary maintenance, repair and replacement (when deemed necessary by GMFB and ownership) of equipment is handled in a timely, efficient manner.
- Ensures adequate security and controls of food stock. Conducts inventories as necessary
- Ensures that all policy, including dress standard for department, is followed by staff.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with departmental staff, other departments and management. Works together with club department heads to develop a team-like approach to operating concessions where a major emphasis is placed on problem discovery and solution.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Multiple years in the food/beverage industry on the venue side is required. Cover letter should be included with the application.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have experience on the Food/Bev side in a sports venue?
Have you ever been completely in charge of a staff/operation?
Do you have living arrangements in New York?