The Lancaster Barnstormers are members of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, the highest level of professional baseball other than the Major Leagues. Since the league's inception in 1998, over 30 million fans have attended an Atlantic League game in one of the league's state-of-the-art ballparks. Located in downtown Lancaster, PA, we are looking for candidates who have a drive for excellence, a passion for their work, and an interest in a career in the sports industry.
This is an unpaid position for college credit during the Summer of 2019. (May-Sept)
Graduation date of 2019, 2020, 2021 encouraged to apply.
The Game Day Associate is an outgoing individual who works closely as a member of the Game Presentation Team to develop each game's promotions and in-game activities. This individual will play an active role as a member of the Promotions Team during home games to ensure that all in-game elements are executed beyond expectations. Ideal candidates are outgoing when interacting with fans in order to enhance their ballpark experience.
- Manage the game-day setup and inventory of the promotion room, including props, costumes, prizes, and more
- Develop the game rundown and scripts for each home game
- Assist in the distribution of game programs and giveaways as needed
- Assist in the execution of all pre-game activities, in-game promotions, and post-game activities as needed
- Be a working member of the in-game promotion crew
- Assist with the setup and breakdown of concourse activities
- Maintain a high level of enthusiasm and entertainment through various concourse games, activities, and promotions
- Handle other duties as assigned
- Professionalism, friendliness, and a strong work ethic
- Strong time management, communication, and organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Strong creative, written, and verbal skills
- The ability to supply excellent customer service to all clients and fans
- Able to maintain a flexible work schedule