The High Point Rockers are a new expansion team in the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball (ALPB), commencing play in the brand-new BB&T Point Stadium in spring 2019. This exciting venture provides a wealth of opportunity for the right individual(s) to begin/continue their career in sports on the ground floor. The ALPB and High Point Rockers are committed to providing family-friendly, affordable entertainment, while also showcasing top-caliber talent both on and off the field.
Facility Operations Manager
Responsible for daily operations and upkeep of BB&T Point, the multi-use home of the High Point Rockers. Includes prepping for home games and outside events such as concerts, festivals, etc. Assist with signage installation as well as implement emergency evacuation plans, hiring of Game Day staff and more. This is a full-time position beginning in January 2019.
Reports Directly To: President and/or General Manager
- Handle the daily operations of BB&T Point, home of the High Point Rockers.
- Oversee the cleanup and maintenance of BB&T Point.
- Responsible for directing a stadium clean-up and maintenance crew.
- Responsible for stadium operations projects as assigned by Team President/Assistant General Manager.
- Responsible for working with President/Assistant General Manager to set Stadium Operations budget.
- Assist in the creation of a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly stadium project list; including capital projects.
- Assist with all stadium events from set-up to break-down.
- Assist in the general maintenance of the stadium including, but not limited to, winterizing, repairs, and cleaning of the stadium.
- Assist for storage, maintenance and inventory of all stadium equipment used for concessions, press box, suites/group seating areas, ticket office, clubhouse, and general office.
- Develop a safety plan and brief all staff members, full and part-time, for potential use in cases of emergencies.
- Coordinate security for BB&T Point with local volunteer and law enforcement officials.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with local first responders, EMT's, law enforcement officials, etc.
- Other aspects of professional baseball and facility operations as assigned by President/Assistant General Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Sports Management or other field or equivalent work experience.
- At least three (3) years in facility operations experience; at least one (1) year in management role preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs.
- Ability to work alone and in a team setting.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to stand for long durations.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Enthusiastic attitude towards fans to ensure an excellent fan experience.
- Based on experience and capabilities
- Health Insurance program available
- Bonus and incentive options
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.