Manager, Guest Services - Arizona Diamondbacks (Phoenix · AZ)
Arizona Diamondbacks Jobs
Jobs in Phoenix · AZ
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Event Guest Relations
Manager, Guest Services
The primary focus of this position is to manage the day-to-day operations of the Guest Services and Guest Relations game day staff which consists of approximately 400 part-time employees. Additionally, this position is responsible for providing superior customer service and enhancing the guest experience through excellent communication skills and establishing a well-trained and properly informed team. The Guest Services Manager will also assist with event logistics during a game/event which requires strong quick thinking and problem-solving skills.
Primary (Essential) Duties
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the Guest Services and Guest Relations game day staff with the help of additional Guest Service Managers.
- Works closely with People & Culture (HR) with the interviewing, hiring, and onboarding process.
- Develop and manage the new hire training and ongoing training for Guest Services and Guest Relations staff. This includes online material and in-person training.
- Manage and staff all levels of the building during a game or event. This includes the Suites office and both Guest Relations offices.
- Prepare for upcoming events, monitor attendance, monitor game day staffing numbers, and adjust as needed. Make any phone calls needed to get additional staffing.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance employee recognition programs to boost employee morale.
- Work closely with the Security department to assist in staffing positions to avoid using 3rd party contractors and to ensure both departments are providing industry-leading guest service.
- Conduct annual employee evaluations for all Guest Services and Guest Relations staff by taking thorough employee notes and frequent communication with staff.
- Responsible for providing superior guest service via written, phone, and face-to-face communication in response to guest-related problems and concerns within 24 hours.
- Acts as a liaison with other departments regarding ballpark policies, procedures, and staffing as it relates to upcoming games, activations, and off-season events.
- Advises the Director, Guest Services of any guest or employee issues, ongoing problems, etc.; offers suggestions for solutions; follows-up to ensure issues are addressed and problems resolved within the department and in a timely manner.
- Responsible for tracking all guest incidents into the CRM database.
- Prepare cost estimates for non-baseball events.
- Update Event Services Procedural Manual annually.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Have a strong work ethic and excellent follow-through.
- Be able to handle time-sensitive requests/changes, & fast-paced, high-pressure situations.
- Exhibit strong decision-making skills.
- A professional, friendly, and outgoing personality.
- Proven employee management experience with game day staff.
- A flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience with developing and implementing training policies and procedures.
- Experience scheduling in large numbers. ABI scheduling software experience preferred.
- 3 years of guest service or event management preferred
- A bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in computer skills (knowledge in Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Teams, Forms).
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to:
- Move tables and chairs.
- Be mobile for long periods of time.
- Lift 50 pounds.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is not an all-inclusive document. Additional duties, expectations, demands, etc. may be added or changed to this document on an as-needed basis in order to meet organizational needs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.