Part Time Set-Up Technicians priority will be to complete room set-up / strike activity for all client related events. This would include the set / strike of various numbers and various configurations of tables, chairs, staging, bleachers, risers, dance floor, pipe & drape etc. into and out of facility event spaces.
A secondary focus will be to also assist to maintain the cleanliness of all internal facility space as well as the external perimeter when needed.
- Set / strike rooms with equipment (tables, chairs, staging, bleachers, risers, dance floor, pipe & drape, etc.) according to pre-determined floor plans for events in an efficient, timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Set / strike to include the manual movement of equipment throughout the facility from storage areas to event spaces and back to storage.
- Set / strike to include the removal of refuse, cleaning of floors & equipment, etc. to provide a clean event space before, during, and after an event.
- Review work assignments and Building Equipment Orders (BEO) with the Set-Up and Housekeeping Manager / Assistant Manager.
- Maintain department equipment as necessary, both operationally and in a neat and orderly manner for storage.
- Assign tasks and supervise Temporary staff when needed.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients.
- Perform customary Housekeeping / Janitorial duties when necessary: Clean floors (both hard floors & carpeted), restrooms, furniture & equipment, walls, windows, fixtures, doors, and other areas and items throughout the facility.
- Work on various preventative maintenance projects to maintain cleanliness, appearance, and safety of the facility.
- Operate an assortment of equipment including: forklift, buffer/burnisher, rider sweeper/scrubber, walk behind scrubber, blower, vacuum, pressure washer and others as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of six (6) months progressively responsible experience in the setup / strike function in a first-class Convention Center environment. Relevant hotel experience with meeting facilities will be considered.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak English; perform basic math functions.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to deal harmoniously with guests, employees and outside contractors.
- Contact with water, liquids or cleaning materials. / Exposure to dirt and dust.
- Must have the ability to work flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays. Regular and punctual attendance.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
Spectra is an equal opportunity employer and our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status, or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or State laws, except where bona fide occupational qualifications apply.